Borrowing and Renewing Items
- Most materials may be checked out for three weeks. Some libraries may limit new materials to 14 days.
- DVDs and magazines (with the exception of current issues and the reference copy of Consumer's Reports) may be checked out for 7 days. Television series generally have a loan period of 14 days.
- Lucky Day books may be checked out for 7 days and cannot be renewed.
- Rental DVDs may be checked out for 3 days and cannot be renewed. $1.00 for 3 day checkout.
- There is a limit of 100 items checked out per card at any one time.
- Overdue charges vary by owning library
- Hudson-owned adult materials (except dvds) have a rate of $.25/day/item (maximum $5.00/item).
- Hudson-owned children's materials (except dvds) are fined $.10/day/item (maximum $5.00/item).
- Hudson-owned DVDs have a $1.00/day/item overdue charge ($5.00 maximum).
- Lucky Day books have an overdue charge of 50 cents/day.
- Rental dvds have a $1.00/day/item overdue charge.
- You may renew by phone, in person or use the online catalog. Go under "My Account" on the upper left side of the page.
- It is not necessary to bring the materials to the library.
- There is a limit of two renewals on most items.
- Materials on reserve may not be renewed.
Any Wisconsin resident is eligible for a library card. Getting a free library card is easy and allows you to do the following:
check out materials from 50 libraries that share the MORE online catalog
get materials from other libraries through Interlibrary Loan
Please review the following information before filling out the form:
One application form needs to be filled out for each person applying for a library card.
Use your full legal name (Katherine Anne Smith, not Kate Smith).
The forms should be used for first-time cardholders only.
You do not need to complete the "Other ID" field if the driver's license field is completed.
If your ID does not have your current address, proof of residence must be shown such as a utility bill or printed check.
The minimum age for a card is 3.
Minnesota residents are charged $25 a year for a card.
Important! On your next visit to the library, stop at the Help Desk and submit your filled out application. You will be asked to sign the application and show something with your name and current residential address (drivers license, state ID, mail sent to you, etc.)
IF YOU ARE UNDER AGE 16, your mother, father or legal guardian will need to sign the application and show proof of current residential address at the library before a card will be issued.
IF YOU ARE A STUDENT, make sure to include BOTH your local residential address and your permanent address (for many students this may be their parents’ address).
Lost cards may be replaced at the Help Desk in the library for a $1.00 fee. (Please bring proof of identification to purchase a replacement card.)
(PDF format - fill-in and print out or print out and fill in by hand)
LIBRARY CARD RENEWAL
Once you have your card, it will need to be updated every year around your birthday. We just need verification that your information (address, phone number, email) has not changed during the previous year. To update your card, please contact the library via email, phone or in person.
LOST LIBRARY CARDS
A patron who loses their card should notify the library as soon as possible to prevent misuse of the card. A replacement card may be obtained for $1.
Once fines reach $10 or more, your library card is locked. Fines need to be under $10 for you to use your card. Fines can be paid at any MORE library or you can pay online if they are more than $1. For more information, see this PDF handout:
- If a book is not on the shelf, check with the librarians. They can tell you if it is checked out or missing.
- If the book is checked out, a reserve can be placed. If you have Internet access at home, you may place your own reserves using the MORE catalog.
- There is a reserve limit of 50 items per card at any one time.
- When the book comes in you will be notified.
- If the book is missing, the staff can request an interlibrary loan. When a book is requested through interlibrary loan, you will be notified when it arrives.
- When the library is open, you can return materials to the help desk or outside drop.
- When the library is closed, you will need to return materials in the outside drop at the north side of the library.
- You can also return materials to any MORE library.
- Please check materials to make sure that you have not left anything important in books and magazines and that the dvds are the ones that you checked out.
Last page update: April 12, 2017